Saturday , November 18 2017
Date: Nov 17,2017
Home / Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe
945516_166275086881068_84551160_n

Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani Recipe

(Photo Courtesy Guru’s Cooking)

step by step Video for Mutton Biryani
http://guruscooking.com/hyderabadi-mutton-biryani-recipe-video/

rom the City of Nawabs and Kebabs Hyderabad, a delicious lip smacking delicacy Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani, cooked the same way it’s cooked in restaurants, with Dum (cooking both Mutton and Rice together in layers)

For the Mutton Marinade :

750 gms mutton (preferrably shoulder pieces)
1 and 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp roasted jeera/cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1 tsp shahi jeera/cumin
3 green cardamom
1 inch cinnamon stick
2 bay leaves
2 javitri/mace
4 cloves
1 black cardamom
5 ground green chili’s
3 tbl spoons ginger garlic paste
1 lemon juice
1/4 cup fried onions
15-16 fresh mint leaves
7-8 fresh coriander leaves
3/4 cup curd
4-5 tbl spoons ghee / clarified butter / groundnut oil

For the Mutton Biryani :

3 cups basmati rice (par boiled 40% cooked)
1/6 cup friend onions
5-6 fresh mint leaves
3 tbl spoons ghee/clarified butter/groundnut oil
3/4 cup milk
11-12 strands of kesar/saffron
3 boiled and peeled eggs

Directions :

For The Mutton Marinade :

1) wash the mutton thoroughly, add all the ingredients one by one mentioned above in the ingredients for marinade and mix well and keep aside for 4-5 hours at room temperature or regrigerator.

For the Mutton Biryani :

1) wash and cleanse the basmati rice 2-3 times to remove all the mud/dust particles.
2) soak the rice in 6 cups of water and keep aside for 30 mins.
3) after 30 mins, par boil the rice , cook only 40% coz, the rest of the 60% time it would cook along with the mutton marinade. (when the water just starts boiling, and rice starts dancing, put off the flame)
4) while boiling the rice, make sure you add 1 and 1/2 tsp of salt.
5) after the rice has par boiled 40% strain it and drain all the excess water, discard the water, keep rice aside.
6) take a cooking pot/handi with heavy bottom, heavy bottom because we would cook the biryani for around 40 minutes and that requires a heavy bottom pot otherwise the mutton would stick to the bottom of your pot.
7) to this cooking pot add the mutton marinade after it’s been marinated for 4 hours, layer and press it thoroughly to the bottom with your laddle, add par boiled rice that you saved over it and frost it into layers, like you layer cream over the cake.
add the boiled eggs, fried onions, mint leaves and milk along with kesar.
9) cover with a lid and put over the flame, cook for 10 mins at high flame and rest 30 mins at low flame. (total cook time is 40 mins.)
10) after 40 mins, don’t remove the lid let the biryani cook in it’s own steam, and let the steam do all the magic, serve hot with mirchi ka salan / curd, enjoy !

Tip : cook at high flame for 10 mins, not more else biryani would burn, and rest 30 mins at veryyy low flame !

step by step Video for Mutton Biryani
http://guruscooking.com/hyderabadi-mutton-biryani-recipe-video/