- 2 cups of cut cauliflower (cut into small florets)
- 2 medium potatoes (cubed into bite sized pieces)
- 1/2 inch shredded ginger
- 3 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Pinch of Asafetida (Hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies, sliced in long pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon amchoor (mango powder)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (green coriander)
- 1/4 cup water as needed
In a small bowl, mix the shredded ginger, coriander powder, red chilly powder, turmeric, and 3 tablespoons of water to make a paste.
Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add hing and cumin seeds to the hot oil. When you hear the cumin seeds crack, add the bay leaves and green chilies and stir for a few seconds.
Next, add the paste and stir for a minute. Then add cauliflower, potatoes, 2 tablespoons of water and salt. Mix well. Cover the pan and let it cook on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir gently every 3 to 4 minutes. Lastly, add the mango powder and fresh cilantro (green coriander). Mix everything and cover for a minute. Adjust the salt to your taste.
Add some green peas and/or sliced red bell peppers. The red bell peppers should be added at the end of the recipe as they cook quickly.
Making a paste with the spices will prevent the spices from burning.