Sandwich Bread – 3 slices
Cilantro or Mint Chutney
Oil – for deep frying
For the Batter:
Chickpea Flour – 1.5 cups
Water – 1/4 cup
Baking Soda – 1/8 tsp
Salt – to taste
Red Chili Powder – to taste
Turmeric Powder – 1/8 tsp
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
1. Cut the edges off the bread slices.
2. Open the bread and spread Mint/Cilantro Chutney.
3. On the other side spread the Tomato Ketchup. Keep aside.
4. In a flat bottomed platter, add in the dry ingredients for the batter. Mix well.
5. Slowly add in the water.
6. Mix well to a smooth batter, making sure there are no lumps.
7. Heat the Oil (for deep frying) on medium heat.
8. Once the Oil is hot, dip the bread sandwich in the batter.
9. Make sure to get all the sides and corners.
10.Place gently in the Oil and allow it to cook (golden).
11.Turn and cook on all sides.
12. Once done, take the Pakoda out and place on a paper towel.
13. Allow it to cool down just a little and cut into desired sizes.
14. Serve hot.
1. For a variation, dip plain bread slices in the batter and fry.
2. Allow the Oil to heat up at Medium heat…and evenly.