A famous North Indian snack
350gms Gram flour (Besan)
1cup Curd (Stirred)
1tsp Green Chilies (paste)
1tsp Ginger (paste)
Salt to taste 1 tsp Soda bi-carb or Eno fruit salt
1 Lemon juice
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder 1tbsp Oil
Few Curry leaves
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
2 tsp Oil Coriander leaves (chopped)
2-3 green chilies (vertically slit)
* In a bowl add gram flour (besan), Curd and water.
* Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick consistency.
* Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
* Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also add turmeric powder and mix well.
* Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas.
* Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
* Now in small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carb or eno, 1tsp oil and lemon juice and mix well.
* Add this to the batter and mix well.
* Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
* Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
* Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves allow to splutter.
Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
* Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slitted green chilies.
* Serve with hari chutney.