Household goods gutted in fire at Birla

 

Electronic goods and furniture worth around Rs 70,000 were gutted in a fire incident that was reported in a house located at Birla, Zuarinagar on Wednesday afternoon.
 
According to information, the fire broke out at around 12.30 p.m. in the house belonging to Mr Digambar Keer Bhongle. It was said that the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit. The fire personnel attached to Verna fire station, along with assistance from the locals extinguished the fire before it could spread to other rooms of the house.
 
The fire gutted a television set, DVD player, showcase and household furniture, causing damages of around Rs 70,000.
 
The talathi of Sancoale village panchayat, Mr Amresh Naik, inspected the site and will furnish his report to the Mormugao mamlatdar office after getting details of the damages from the Verna fire station. The Verna police conducted the panchanama and have registered the case of fire incident. [NT]