How To Cook A Chicken Curry In Ten Minutes
* 45 ml olive oil
* 1 medium onion
* 400 g chicken fillet
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 green chilli
* ¼ tsp salt
* ¼ tsp turmeric
* ½ tsp ground cumin
* ¼ tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp tomato purée
* ¼ tsp garam masala or 1 tsp curry paste
* 30 ml double cream
* 1 Teaspoon
* 1 Tablespoon
* 1 Chopping board for meat
* 1 Chopping board for vegetables
* 1 Sharp knife
* 1 Non-stick frying pan
* some Plates to hold the ingredients
* 1 Wooden spoon
- Step 1:
- Finely chop a medium sized onion
Remember- when preparing ingredients, the smaller you chop things, the faster they cook. Chop your ingredients really small, so they'll be ready in no time.
Crush 2 cloves of garlic with the side of a knife. Now peel away the skin, and finely chop.
Finely chop a green chilli. Unless you want an incredibly hot curry, use the knife to take out as many seeds as you can. Chilli juices can burn your skin so when you've finished, wash your hands.
Take the chicken on a fresh chopping board. Chop into small bite-size pieces. Wash your hands after chopping the meat.
- Step 2:
Fry the onion
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Then add the chopped onion, and fry for 1 minute.
- Step 3:
- Put the chicken in, and continue to fry for 5 to 6 minutes. The chicken will start to cook, and turn entirely white on the outside.
- Step 4:
Add garlic and chilli
- Put the garlic and chilli into the pan, and stir. Carry on frying gently over a medium heat, until everything is golden brown, which will take 2 to 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- Step 5:
- Put 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin and 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander in the pan. Stir well.
- Step 6:
Add more flavour
- Add 1 teaspoon of tomato purée, and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala or curry paste. Here we're using freshly made garam masala.
Stir, and fold 2 generous tablespoons of double cream into the mixture.
- Step 7:
Check the chicken
- If you're worried about whether the chicken is cooked, take a large piece from the pan, and cut it in half. It should break easily, and be white all the way through, with no trace of pink. It should also be piping hot throughout.
- Step 8:
- Serve hot with freshly cooked basmati rice, or naan bread.