How To Make Cucumber Raita – Spicy Indian Condiment
Yogurt – 2 cups, well beaten
English Cucumber – half ( aprox. 6” long)
Tomato – ½ med., finely chopped
Green Chili – to taste, finely chopped
Cumin – ¼ tsp, roasted and coarsely ground
Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp
Chat Masala – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
Mint Powder – ¼ tsp, optional
Cilantro – 5 springs, chopped
- Grate cucumber with or without skin.
- Squeeze out the water from grated Cucumber.
- Add all the ingredients into the beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Serves 4-6.
1. If English Cucumber is not available, use the regular one but make sure to de-seed and peel it.
2. Serve with a rice dish or with any Indian meal.