How To Make Egg Bhurjee
* 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
* 2 medium Onions
* 2 Green chillies
* 1 inch piece Ginger
* ½ tsp Turmeric powder
* ¾ tsp Chilli powder
* 2 Tomatoes
* 4 Eggs
* 110 ml Milk
* to taste Salt
* ½ Bunch coriander leaves
* 1 mixing bowl
* 1 whisk
* 1 sharp knife
* 1 non-stick frying pan
* 1 wooden spoon
- Step 1:
- Get started by breaking 4 eggs, and putting the yolk and white into a mixing bowl.
Add 1/4 of a cup of milk, and whisk. Make sure that the milk and eggs are totally blended.
- Step 2:
- Cut the ends off an onion with a sharp knife. Then peel off the skin, cut in half, and chop finely.
- Next, finely chop 2 green chillies.
- Dip your fingers in oil before you chop the chillies. This will stop the juices inside the chillies stinging your fingers.
- Also, don't forget to wash your hands really well after chopping the chillies.
- Wash the two tomatoes, and finely chop.
- Use a sharp knife to finely cut the rough outer skin off the ginger. Then, finely chop.
- Roughly chop up half a bunch of coriander leaves. Coriander really adds a zingy flavour to the dish, but the exact amount you use depends on your preference.
- To really clean coriander and select the freshest leaves, wash it after you've chopped it. Put the leaves into a bowl of cold water, and swirl them around for about 30 seconds. The freshest leaves will float on the top of the water. Remove these and leave to drain on kitchen paper or a strainer.
- Step 3:
- Heat two tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large non-stick frying pan, over a medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and chilli to the pan, and cook until the onion is translucent. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Step 4:
- Then, add the chopped ginger along with 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric and 3/4 teaspoon of chilli powder. Keep frying for another 5 minutes.
- Step 5:
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Stir everything together over a medium heat until the tomatoes have turned to pulp, and the mix resembles a sauce. You might need to add a little water along the way, to make this happen. Stir and cover. Leave to simmer for about 10 minutes
- Step 6:
- Now add the egg and milk mixture that you whisked earlier. Keep stirring until the egg is cooked. Don't let it burn. The egg will become more solid as it cooks.
- Step 7:
- Gently stir in the chopped coriander leaves.
- Step 8:
- Spoon into a dish. And serve.