How To Make Egg Curry
Oil – 2 tbsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Cloves – 3
Cinnamon – ½” stick
Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp
Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped
Turmeric – ¼ tsp
Chili powder – to taste
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Chicken Masala – 1 tsp
Tomato puree – ½ cup
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut milk – 2 cups
Eggs – 6, hard boiled and peeled
Cilantro – 5 sprigs, chopped (for garnishing)
- Heat Oil in a skillet or a pan on medium flame
- Add Bay Leaf, Cloves, Cinnamon, Cumin Seeds and Fennel Seeds.
- Once Cumin and Fennel seeds turn light brown, add Onion and sauté till it turns brown.
- Add the following powders: Turmeric, Chili, Coriander and Chicken Masala.
- Sauté for another minute or so.
- Add Tomato Puree, Sugar and Salt — mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add Coconut Milk and bring to a boil.
- To serve, cut eggs into halves, pour gravy into a bowl and top with the egg halves.
- Garnish the dish with fresh chopped Cilantro leaves.
- Serves 4
- Heat the gravy separately and then drop the eggs in just before you are ready to eat.
- Don’t have Tomato puree at home?…that’s Okay, take some fresh tomatoes and grind them in a blender.