How To Make Eggless Chocolate Cake
All-Purpose Flour – 1.5 cups
Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 3 Tbsp, sifted
Baking Soda – 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 5 Tbsp
White Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
Cold Water – 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl, add Flour, Cocoa Powder, Baking Soda, Sugar and Salt. Mix well.
- Add in Oil, Vinegar, Vanilla Extract and Water.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together with a hand blender until there are no more lumps.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 inch by 9 inch baking pan, two inches deep.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about half an hour. Poke a toothpick or fork into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready.
- Remove pan from the oven and cool for about 5 minutes before flipping it over onto a platter.
- Cool completely if you want to apply frosting, else serve with a dollop of whipped cream or chocolate sauce.
1. For a variation, we used Mango pulp (10tbsp) instead of the cocoa and vanilla essence….and it was just divine! Cooking time :33 minutes.