How To Make Masala Papad
* 2 Papads
* ¼ Medium Onion , finely chopped
* ½ Medium Tomato , deseeded and finely chopped
* 5 Sprigs Cilantro , finely chopped
* 1 Green Chili , finely chopped, to taste
* ½ tsp Lemon Or Lime Juice
* ½ tsp Chaat Masala
* Salt , to taste
* Red Chili Powder , to taste
- Step 1:
Roast The Papad
- Roast a papad on the stove. This works well if you have a gas stove. If you have an electric stove, you might need to use one of those flat irons that can hold the papad on there. And the other easy way to do this is using a microwave.
Wait until it burns just a little bit. A little bit of the burned flavor in the papad really adds a lot to the flavor.
This is a chili papad. But you caan use any papad.
There are a lot of different papad varieties available. Garlic, jida, black pepper, but anything will do. Whatever your taste.
Here's an easier way to do it. I'm going to put it in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Step 2:
Add The Toppings
- So when the papads are roasted. we're going to work on our toppings now.
We're going to mix our onions, tomatos, cliantro, green chilis, salt to taste, and we're also going to add in our lime, and our lemon juices. Give it a good mix.
Once that's mixed it's really nice. You don't want to wait too long, because once the salt is added to this mixture a lot of water starts collecting. So as soon as it's mixed you're going to top it.
Sprinkle it on generously.
- Step 3:
- Iit reminds me of tortillas with salsa. With an Indian twist.
It's realy simple to make, the only catch is you have to serve it immediately.
Actually it works out well if you have a large gathering and you roast the papads ahead of time and you just have to top it.
- Step 4:
Add The Spices
- Our last step, we're going to take chaat masala and just sprinkle it on. it's so healthy, you know? There's no oil and veggies. It's up to you how much spice you add, but if you're still more adventurous, you can add a little more red chili powder.
- Step 5:
- There we go. Masala papads ready to eat. It's very good.
So join us again on another episode of show me the curry.com – Adding a pinch of spice to your life!