How To Make Meat Samosas
* 500 g minced lamb
* 4 Tbsp Oil , for frying the lamb
* 1 tsp salt , or according to taste
* ½ tsp chilli powder
* 1 tsp ground coriander
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1 tsp garam masala powder
* 1 tsp turmeric powder
* 1 ½ medium onions , peeled and finely chopped
* 1 small bunch fresh coriander leaves , chopped
* 1 medium beaten egg , for sealing samosa pastry
* 1 packet samosa pads or filo pastry
* 2 tomatoes , chopped
* 1 frying pan or wok
* 1 wooden or metal spoon
* 1 dessert or table spoon
* 1 clean surface
- Step 1:
Fry The Onions
- Heat the 4tbsp of oil in a large frying pan. Put the onion in and stir fry gently for 1 minute over a medium heat.
- Step 2:
Add Spices and the Meat
- Add the spices and salt and fry for a minute, then add the meat.
- Step 3:
Cover and Cook
- Stir, cover and cook on a low heat for 20 minutes until the meat is cooked.
- Step 4:
- Stir occasionally and add a little more oil if the pan seems to be too dry.
- Step 5:
- When done, check for salt and let the mixture cool.
- Step 6:
Make the Samosa Cone
- On a separate work surface, take a sheet of the ready made samosa pad or 2 sheets of Filo pastry and create a triangle cone by folding the edges around themselves and sealing the edges with the beaten egg using a pastry brush; leave one side open (this is to add the filling in the samosa cone/ triangle)
- Step 7:
- Put 1 to 1 ½ tsp of the minced lamb filling into the samosa triangle. Lift corners and pinch them together, continue along the seam towards the corner. This should form a sealed triangle/ cone shape.
- Step 8:
- Deep fry the samosa gently until it is golden in colour on each of its sides.