How To Make Non-Traditional Chicken Curry
Chicken – 2 lbs, thighs and legs (cleaned, skinned and halved)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onions – 2 medium, sliced
Tomatoes – 3 medium, chopped
Cinnamon – 1” stick
Black Cardamom – 1
Peppercorns – 4, whole
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Garlic – ½ tbsp, finely chopped
Ginger – ½ tsp, grated
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Chili Powder – to taste
Salt – to taste
Yogurt – ½ cup, well beaten
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Cilantro- 5 sprigs, finely chopped for garnishing
Green Chili – 1, finely chopped for garnishing
- In a medium non-stick wok, heat Oil on medium to high flame.
- Add Cumin seeds and allow them to splutter
- Then we add Whole Spices i.e. Cinnamon, Cardamom, Peppercorn and cook for 1 minute.
- Ginger and Garlic is next – mix.
- Once the onions are golden brown, add in the tomatoes and mix well.
- Now add your powdered spices – Garam Masala, Red Chili Powder and Salt. Reduce flame to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cleaned Chicken, mix well cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Add yogurt and mix it gently into the chicken.
- Reduce heat a little, cover the wok with tight lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Check on the Chicken and stir once in-between to make sure it is not burning at the bottom.
- Remove Chicken from heat and add Lemon Juice. Give it a final mix and serve with Cilantro and Green Chili as garnishing.
- Serves 4-6.