How To Make Roast Vegetable Salad
* 2 aubergines diced
* 3 courgettes sliced into 1cm rounds
* 3 peppers, red, green and yellow cut into chunks
* 500 g new potatoes, washed
* 500 g cherry tomatoes, washed
* 1 red onion cut into chunks
* 200 ml olive oil
* juice of 1 lemon
* oregano rinsed dried and chopped
* 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 large oven roasting trays
* 1 frying spatula
* 1 slotted spoon
* 1 large bowl
* 1 oil drizzler for garnish
- Step 1:
Preheat the oven
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius, 425 degrees Fahrenheit or gas mark 7.
- Step 2:
Roast the potatoes
- Into one of the roasting trays pour half the oil, add the potatoes and stir to coat them evenly with oil, salt and pepper to season. Place on the top shelf of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Step 3:
Roast the mixed vegetables
- Into the second roasting tray pour the rest of the olive oil and add the courgettes, peppers, aubergines, red onion and garlic Stir to coat evenly with oil, season with salt and pepper and place on the bottom shelf of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Step 4:
Turn all the vegetables
- After 15 mins remove both trays turn the mixed vegetables with the spatula and give the potatoes a shake to recoat them with oil then replace in the oven for a further 15 mins.
- Step 5:
Add the cherry tomatoes
- After 15 minutes remove the tray with the potatoes and add the tomatoes, stir to coat the tomatoes with oil and return to the oven for the last 5 minutes.
- Step 6:
Assemble the dish
- Remove both trays from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes then transfer the potatoes and tomatoes into the bowl followed by the mixed vegetables. Add the oregano then the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- Step 7:
- Spoon a generous serving of the salad onto a serving plate and drizzle a little olive oil over it.