Manhunt for Assagao murder accused still on
The manhunt for Ranjit Tuenkar, accused in the murder of a 19 year old at Assagao continued Saturday too, police said. The accused had been spotted a couple of days ago in the forested area around the Siolim-Assagao area.
“The man hunt is on,” PI V Karpe told media. Around 100 policemen assisted by around 100 locals made a concerted effort three days ago, after reports surfaced that he was sighted were relayed to the authorities.
Even today (Saturday) there were at least three sightings of the accused at three different places and that he was seen in a green vehicle in Siolim. The police are checking the leads, officials said.
However, police say that their last encounter with him was some 15 days back.
Tuenkar has also been accused of assaulted a 12-year-old girl and a boy in the areas around Siolim and Camurlim.
Mapusa police had registered the case against unknown persons for attacking a minor girl with a sharp object at Camurlim–Siolim. [H]