200 gm button mushrooms, sliced
250 gm red gram (tovar) dal
150 gm tomato, cut into quarters
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
8 flakes garlic, sliced
3-4 green chillies, chopped and crushed
1 cup sliced onion
1 cup chopped fenugreek leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
- Cook dal with enough water till soft and mash till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they begin to pop add garlic and fry till dark brown. Next add the green chilli and onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add fenugreek leaves and all the powders and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the tomato, mushrooms, salt and a cup of water and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally add the dal and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot.