parboiled rice or ukde taandul – 1 cup
jaggery – 3/4 cup
coconut – 3/4 cup
salt – 1/2 teaspoon
1. Soak parboiled rice overnight. Next day, drain the water and grind into a thick paste with minimal water.
2. Add salt and grind one more time. Set this aside. For the filling, mix jaggery and coconut.
3. Add cardamom powder. Mix well and set aside. Now take some of the ground rice and make a circle as shown.
4. Place a small amount of filling in the centre and close to form a round ball.
5. In the mean time keep the steamer ready. Place the balls on the steamer, cover and steam for around 15-20 minutes. Enjoy hot at tea time.