Spicy Greek Chicken
It’s delicious, easy to make and has that wonderful zing to tickle your taste buds!
The olive oil, lemon, minced garlic, oregano, parsley and Greek yogurt packs the chicken with loads of flavor and if you like your chicken extra moist well the Greek yogurt will do the trick for you! I like my food with a little bit of spice so i add in the green chilies which you can easily avoid if you like! You can either grill the chicken or bake it in the oven. I served mine on a bed of mashed potatoes and a side of salad. Now Isn’t that a dish you would love to try?
1.5 Kgs chicken pieces
1 cup Greek yogurt (I usually make my own Greek yogurt at home)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
½ table spoon dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ bunch fresh parsley/Corriander, minced
Juice of 1 lemon (And use the skin for the lemon zest)
½ tablespoon salt
Freshly cracked pepper
2-3 Green Chilies, minced (optional)
- Mix the Greek yogurt, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, salt, green chili and some freshly cracked pepper in a bowl.
- Scrape the thin layer of yellow zest from the lemon skin into the same bowl. Also add about 1-2 tablespoons from the juice of the lemon.
- Mix everything together. Then roughly chop a big handful, or about ¼ bunch, of parsley/Corriander and stir it into the marinade.
- Mix everything together again. Now your freshly made marinade is finished.
- Add the chicken pieces, mix them around in the marinade. Put it in the fridge and let it sit and marinate for about 30 minutes.
- You can either Bake the chicken in a preheated 375 degree oven for 45-60 minutes or Grill it on charcoal, But I recently started exploring the Air Fryer which is wonderful and easy to use & clean as well And it cooks the food with no oil which makes it my healthier version of the Greek chicken which I serve on a bed of Mashed Potatoes & a side of salad.
Do give it a try and share your feedback if you like it! Enjoy! Mog Asu!
courtesy – From My Kitchen To Yours!