St Inez waste sorting centre catches fire
- Comments Off on St Inez waste sorting centre catches fire
Panjim: A dry waste sorting centre at St Inez caught fire on Thursday evening. Six fire tenders were pressed into service as it took nearly two hours to douse the flames.
Substation fire officer Francisco Aquino, when contacted told Herald that the control room received a call at around 5:58 pm informing about the fire after which the fire tenders were rushed to douse the flames.
“Two fire tenders were used to douse the flames. Each fire tender was refilled twice. It took us around two hours to bring the situation under control,” he said. On the cause of fire, the officer informed that prima facie it was learnt that fire occurred due to short circuit. [H]