Taleigao, Calangute secure facile wins


 Clube Sao Minguel de Taleigao collected full points in the GFA’s First Division League match, with a 2-0 win over Young Boys of Tonca at Duler grounds, here on Tuesday.
Taleigao, who had won the first leg by 2-0 margin at the same venue, went into the breather with a one-goal cushion off the boots of Levino Pereira.
After the 9th round match, Taleigao stand with 12 points, while YBT have just a point to their kitty.
Taleigao held better ball possession in the first half and came with some fine built-up moves through medio Levino Pereira and Bazileo Rego, but the strikers Marc Fernandes and Pramod Mardolkar failed to get past the stubborn YBT defence, marshalled by Queterio Pango and Johnson D’Souza.
YBT supporters booed referee Prasad Surlakar for disallowing Dhilon Fernandes’ 4th minute goal for an off side and then in the second half the referee overlooked Taleigao’s Vincy Fernandes from handling the ball inside the penalty box.
In the 8th minute Bazileo Rego set up Marc Fernandes right inside the penalty box, but the latter shot wide.
At the other end Johnson D’Souza moved up the right flank and sent a pinpoint cross to Dhilon Fernandes whose header sailed over the post.
A costly defensive blunder by Allwick Fernandes who in the process of giving the ball to his keeper, saw Levino Pereira intercept the ball and score with a neat placement, 1-0.
In the last quarter of the first half, both the sides had a chance to score. Columban was late to get his feet on top of a deadly cross by Dhilon, while at the other end Pramod did the spadework and passed the ball to Vincy who failed to hold on to the ball.
Five minutes into the second half, YBT keeper Parvaraj Joshi thwarted Bazileo outside the penalty box, while at the other end it was Taleigao keeper Risven Fernandes who came with two marvellous saves to deny Columban Noronha and Dhilon Fernandes from scoring in one-to-one situation.
In a counter attack, Taleigao’s Maulali Naik sent a long floater to Pramod Mardolkar who beat the off-side trap and score past the onrushing keeper, 2-0.
Ten minutes from the end, referee Prasad Surlakar made two bad calls – first by overlooking Taleigao’s Vincy Fernandes handling the ball inside the penalty box  and then Taleigao’s defender Gary Pereira pulled Columban’s shirt inside the penalty box.
Both these acts, infuriated the club officials on the bench where YBT manager Nazareth D’Silva twice entered the field, where play was stopped for a couple of minutes.
After the end of the match YBT manager Nazareth D’Silva and a couple of YBT supporters entered the referees’ changing room and allegedly assaulted the assistant referee Savio Fernandes.
Once again none from the organisers or police were present to give protection to the referees, except for Mr Collin Fernandes and groundsman Mr Vassu.
Mr Lavinio Rebello, GFA’s Vice President, who arrived at the stadium after the alleged assault on the referees, said that the referee, officials and YBT officials registered counter complaints against each other, at the Mapusa police station. Assistant referee Savio Fernandes was sent for medical check-up.
At Poriat grounds, Calangute Association defeated Goa Police by 4-1 margin. Nicholas Fernandes (2), Ashley Lobo, Joao Colaco scored for Calangute while Abdul Khan scored the consolation goal for Goa Police. [NT]