The Arc of the Viceroys
This monument, is located at the banks of the Mandovi river in Old Goa. Just across the river and in front of it, lies the island of Divar. It was built in 1599, and it was through this arc that newly appointed viceroys would enter Goa and the once prospering city of Old Goa. The arc collapsed in 1952 but was then immediately restored.
A clearer view of the statue of Vasco da Gamma that lies atop this monument.
Photos courtesy of Nickolas Pollak, Austria.