Vasco rape case: father threatens to go on hunger strike

 

 The father of the seven-year-old girl rape victim on Tuesday threatened to go on hunger strike if the state government and the management of the Mormugao Port Trust Education Society fail to give him proper justice by arresting the culprit and taking proper action against the staff members of the school. 

However, the distraught father told The Navhind Times   that he has full confidence in the Chief Minister, Mr Manohar Parrikar vis-à-vis the assurance of justice to him and his family. The father said that he would have no option but to go on hunger strike in front of the school if the Chief Minister fails to keep his word. 
He said that he would take into confidence the parents committee, which has spearheaded the agitation for seeking justice to his daughter, before going on hunger strike.
The father said   the incident of rape in the school premises has already completed 23 days and so far the culprit has not been arrested. He alleged that no proper action has been taken against the school staff who were found negligent and even tried to destroy the evidence in the case. The schoolgirl was raped on January 14 during interval in the school toilet.
He feared that his family members, including the traumatised daughter, are not safe as the culprit could attack them at anytime.
“My both daughters’ future is gloomy,” he said.  He wrote a letter to the Mormugao police seeking police protection to his elder daughter, who is studying in class IV of the MPTES. The copies of the letter were submitted to the school authorities for resumption of classes of the elder daughter.
However, the authorities have turned a blind eye to his requests.
The father quit his job as an executive of a reputed cable operator after the incident of rape on her younger daughter. [NT]