- 15 – ajwain or vottelao leaves
- 3 tablespoon – chickepea flour
- 1 – pinch turmeric
- 1 – pinch red chili powder
- 1 – pinch salt
- 1 – pinch cumin seeds
- oil to fry
- 3 tablespoon – water
1. Wash and clean the vottelao leaves. In a bowl take the chickpea flour, turmeric, red chili powder, salt and cumin seeds
2. Add the water and mix into a thick batter. Heat oil in the mean time. Dip each leaf in the batter so that it is coated evenly with a thin layer.
3. Fry the leaves until golden brown. Remove on a wet towel to soak the extra oil. Enjoy hot. They will be gone before you know it!