Warkhand house gutted in fire, loss put at Rs 22 lakh
A house belonging to Shiva Ladu Naik of Voilowada- Warkhand in Pernem taluka was gutted in a major fire that broke out during the night of December 15.
Pernem fire station said that items like gold, silver, clothes , utensils as well as cash was destroyed with the total loss estimated at 22 lakhs. An electrical short circuit is believed to be the cause of the fire. Fire department sources said that 15 occupants from six families resided in the house for several years. [TOI]